Thursday 13 December 2012

Peplum & Metallics

After a long week of final exams, my friend Ziana and I went for coffee where we engaged in an all-out conversation about fashion, cities and even thought about a trip to New York in the coming new year *fingers crossed* After our date, we headed over to the mall where she purchased a set of spiked bracelets from Aldo (photo coming soon). After her splurge, we went to a store called Urban, a hip street wear store with brands like Jack and Jones, Vero Moda, Free People, and much more. While browsing the store, I came across a beautiful peplum top on sale in the back. As I contemplated over the shirt, Ziana convinced me to try on a pair of Brown Vero Moda jeans that she handpicked herself. She also has the same pair, but in gold (twins!).  I agreed to try the pieces on and to my surprise, they were a hit. 

The shirt I absolutely adored because of the mesh dotted sleeves which reminded me of Liv Tyler when she rocked that black Stella McCartney cocktail dress back in May. The jeans needed persuasion for I had to try on different  sizes because it caused a crease near the crotch area. When finding the right fit for stretchy denim, the key is to go down a size smaller because eventually the jeans will stretch, and I mean STRETCH. This results in extra bulk around the waist and in the you-know-who area. 
Actress Liv Tyler in Stella McCartney 

The good news about peplum is that it can be worn with any body shape if worn properly. The purpose of peplum is to give the woman an hourglass shape and to balance out the proportions of her curves. The peplum should sit at the top of the waist to create a contrast between your hips and waistline. It can be worn with a pair of skinnies, a pencil skirt, or even a pair of shorts. This top should not be crossed with baggy jeans, leggings, or a high/low skirt. 



Metallic Denim: Vero Moda
Black Peplum Top: Darling
Watch: Michael Kors



What are your thoughts on the peplum top? 

No comments:

Post a Comment