Friday 7 December 2012

Biggie, Biggie, Biggie

So this past Monday was the last day of school, so I thought "why not do it biggie?" Well let's just say that I took it literally. For those who don't know me, I am a huge hip-hop fan and when I say hip-hop, I don't mean a fan of hip-hop today. I was born in the golden era of hip-hop which was around the early 90's and with the help of my mother and uncle, I became introduced to artists like The Fugees and went on to listening to east coast artists like Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, A Tribe Called Quest,Nas etc. It wasn't until I heard "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G and from there, my love for hip-hop never stopped. 

To match Biggie's bad-boy image, I paired him with a leather jacket, some
red denim, brown combat boots (not shown) and a few bracelets. 
While browsing the men's clothes online at Urban Outfitters, I found this shirt and had to purchase it. It was a Warhol-inspired Notorious B.I.G tee with the rapper mean muggin' while a crown covers his head. If you're a hip-hop lover like me, make some room in that closet because Big Poppa is comin' through. 

Warhol/Biggie Tee: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Michael Kors
Spiked Silver Bracelet: Aldo or Spring
Cross Bracelet: Claires 

No comments:

Post a Comment