Monday 4 February 2013

Opinions please!

So last week there I was in my room skimming through my closet and a feeling of inspiration came over me. This year, I've seen a lot of celebrities rock the plaid shirt, but instead of wearing it, they tie the shirt around their waist to even out the outfit. Celebrities such as Kanye West and Cassie (depicted below) have made this creation into an evolving trend so I thought why not? The key to pulling off this look is to tie the shirt just blow your hips so it levels evens out the total outfit itself making the proportions equal, similar to what Cassie did below. Pair this shirt with leather pants, leather/denim jacket and a sick pair of sneaker wedges or heels and get ready to turn heads.

Model/Singer Cassie Ventura looking fierce in a flannel shirt paired with a denim jacket, leather vest and pants, topped off with a pair of Louboutin's.

Here is my creation of the trend:
(I need your opinions on the fringe bag, is it too much? If so, what color bag should I go with?)



Denim Jacket: from a garage sale
RUN DMC Top: Target
Plaid Shirt: American Eagle
Shorts: Old Navy
Fringe Bag: Ross
Sneaker Wedges: online @ gojane.com
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Aldo/Spring



This is what the bottom half of the outfit looks like with the jacket



Without the jacket!


No comments:

Post a Comment