Saturday 16 February 2013

Post-midterm haul

On the last day of midterms, I thought I'd celebrate my freedom by visiting a few shops in the mall on the way back from school, plus it was the start of reading week and... it was Valentine's Day! After I picked up my boyfriend's gift, I stopped into Zara only to find that they were having a huge clearance sale. BINGO! Whenever I shop at Zara, I try to keep my budget below $100 or else all hell will break loose. I went straight to the clearance section to find a cute pair of grey harem pants on sale for just $15.99 which is a total snag! A pair of cute boyfriend capris that roll up at the bottom for $25.50, a sheer print top for just $19.99 and a padded sweatshirt for umm $59.90 so obviously I am over budget. After an hour of indecisiveness, I walked out with the harem pants and the boyfriend jeans. I do plan on coming back for the padded sweatshirt and the sheer top or just order them online. 

The problem with these finds was that they were too cute to pass up. I first tried on the top with the jeans and it was a great combination because the top added a wild side with the print. The great part about boyfriend jeans is that they add a touch of ruggedness to any outfit just by the patches and holes on the thigh. You can pair them with any colored blazer, even a printed one if you want to show off your wild side. 

Boyfriend jeans for the win! 


The best pieces were the harem pants and the padded sweatshirt. I absolutely adored the sweatshirt because it reminded me of an Alexander Wang sweater because of the printed padded detail on the front. The problem was that it was too expensive so I had to pass. I purchased the harem pants because they were unique with the baggy fit below the crotch area. They fit perfectly so I thought why not pair them with the padded sweatshirt. Let's just say that I nearly spent half an hour gazing at how beautiful this outfit looked. It gave off a rugged high fashion mixed with street fashion look.  It looked like something Cassie Ventura or even A$AP Rocky would wear to a fashion show because that is how dope it looked. I paired the two pieces with combat boots that I wore that same day and it completed the look head -to-toe.  Have a see for yourself below: 

Yay or Nay? 

2 comments:

  1. swag overload! yay for the harem pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The harem pants were a must have for sure :) thanks for checking out my post btw.

    ReplyDelete